About this course
JBJS Reviews Journal CME Activities
All JBJS Reviews journal-based CME Activities consist of four elements:
- Reading the article with sufficient thoroughness to understand the major conclusions presented
- Passing an examination to evaluate the thoroughness of your understanding of the contents of the article
- Reviewing the post-examination explanations of the preferred answers
- Completing the evaluation forms
Activities may be used for study only, or may be submitted for credit. Payment will be required if credit is requested.
Activities become available upon publication of the related article and generally will remain available to learners for three years after publication. In rare cases, an activity may be terminated early if the material contained in the article is deemed to be outdated or no longer consistent with standard medical practice.
The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. designates this journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Upon completion of this educational activity, the learner will be able to:
- Describe contemporary scientific findings relevant to the orthopaedic topics covered by the content of the article.
- Identify various strategies to improve patient care through review of the orthopaedic topics in the content of the article
- Apply appropriate orthopaedic techniques and technology.
This activity is designed for orthopaedic surgeons who wish to advance their knowledge, abilities, and performance in the field of orthopaedic surgery.
The following individuals are in a position to control the content of this continuing medical education (CME) activity and do not have a relevant financial relationship with any commercial interest: Marc Swiontkowski, MD, Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (JBJS); Chair, CME Committee; Member, CME Committee; Marcia Tomaselli, JBJS Staff; Member, CME Committee; Allan Harper, JBJS Staff; Jason Miller, JBJS Executive Publisher; Betsy Bellar, JBJS Director of Publishing